Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Pickering Electronics is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of Reed Relays, with its headquarters based in Clacton on Sea, Essex.
We are currently seeking a full time Financial Controller to join our busy and expanding Accounts team, within our growing company
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department, reporting to Operations Director in regard to all financial and accounting activities. They will also oversee the financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
- Competitive salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- End of year bonus
- All necessary business communication devices
- 30 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Great opportunities for long term career development
- Supervise and Manage staff in the department. This will include overseeing the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as sales invoicing, procurement controls and other transactions.
- Producing monthly management accounts for presentation to the directors. This will include keeping an up to date fixed asset register, calculating prepayments and accruals and accurately accounting for stock.
- Further develop the system for stock controls to support the production of monthly management accounts.
- Work with the company’s external accountants on the development of key performance indicators, and the monitoring and review of performance against these.
- Liaising with payroll providers to ensure all relevant information is available to be processed by the deadlines set.
- Overseeing credit control for the company. This will include chasing outstanding debts and ongoing monitoring and review of customer credit limits.
Experience / Requirements
To be successful for the role, you will be a qualified finance professional (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with relevant post qualification experience as well as;
- Experience in a business or finance environment;
- management experience;
- leadership skills;
- interpersonal skills;
- outstanding mathematical skills;
- honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills;
- high attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
A full job description is available on request.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org – no agencies please.