Decemeber 2022 Update:
- Pickering is maintaining operations throughout this difficult period.
- All UK and Czech Republic manufacturing operations are running as normal, at 100% production capacity.
- Extended lead times can, in some cases, be expected due to material shortages.
The team here at Pickering understands that there remains a great amount of concern, uncertainty and anxiety around COVID-19 or the "Coronavirus". The safety and wellbeing of our customers and our employees is of the highest priority. We are prepared to make sure we can continue to support your applications without delay and with outstanding service.
Pickering Group Coronavirus Manufacturing and Supply Chain Resilience
- We operate design, production and distribution facilities in both the UK and the Czech Republic.
- We are a vertically integrated manufacturer, nearly all production processes are carried out “in-house”, which reduces our vulnerability to external disruption.
- We generally have high stocking levels, therefore our vulnerability to short-term components shortages caused by Coronavirus are minimized, with some exceptions where there are currently supply chain delays, please contact your local sales office for more detail.
- We have a very strong balance sheet (equivalent to one year's annual sales revenue) and high cash reserves (equivalent to 35% of annual sales revenue) with no borrowings at all, therefore we expect to have more than the required financial firepower to withstand potential shocks due to the Coronavirus pandemic over the coming year.
- We have taken extensive steps to fully support Pickering staff and to maximize Coronavirus safety at Pickering facilities as well as to enable home working whenever required.
Our commitment to our employees’ safety and well-being drives our day-to-day operational practices so we can provide unparalleled service to our customers. As such, the present COVID-19 outbreak presents a unique challenge in meeting two overriding concerns, protection of employee safety and customer satisfaction. To limit the potential impact of COVID-19 on our employees, company operations, and valued customers, partners and suppliers we serve, we have taken the following cautionary measures:
- Employees are able to work from home when required.
- Increased use of Video Conferencing (PolyCom, Teams and Zoom) in all Pickering facilities worldwide. We also strongly encourage this for communication with customers, partners and suppliers.
In addition, we have recommended that employees follow the same simple hygiene habits that protect against the seasonal flu virus in order to protect against exposure to COVID-19, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Staying at home when sick and seeking appropriate medical care.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Please be assured that we are taking the aforementioned precautions in an effort to ensure the safety and well-being of customers and employees. To discuss any questions or concerns, please e-mail: email@example.com We value the health, safety, and the well-being of you and your families. Please be safe, vigilant, and proactive as you prepare, guard, and work through this coronavirus outbreak. We will continue to monitor the World Health Organization for the latest updates and advisories and suggests you monitor it or your local organization as well. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019