High Carry Current Dry SIL/SIP Reed Relays
Pickering Series 100HC
New High Power Dry SIL/SIP Reed Relays
• Up to 3 Amps continuous carry current
• 1 A switching at up to 40 W
• Highest quality instrumentation grade switches
• High coil resistance for low power consumption
• Thermal EMF levels less than 10 μV
• Stacking on 0.40 Inches pitch
• Internal mu-metal magnetic screen
• One or two switches in a single package
• Form A (energise to make) or Form B (energise to break) configurations
• 5, 12 or 24 V coils with optional internal diode
• Many benefits compared to industry standard relays. Click here to learn more.
• Suitable for high power applications and in many cases may be used as an alternative to mercury wetted reed relays
The Pickering Series 100HC offers higher coil resistance than the similar specification Series 114, the greater winding space allowing for the use of switches rated to 3 Amps continuous carry current and even higher levels in pulsed current applications.
Featuring sputtered ruthenium contacts, this also makes them suitable for low level or 'dry' switching applications and the reduced heating effect from the higher coil resistances gives them thermal EMF performance less than 10 μV.
The range features an internal mu-metal screen to minimize problems that would otherwise be experienced due to magnetic interaction when they are closely stacked. Form A versions may be stacked side-by-side. Due to the fact that the Form B types feature an internal biasing magnet, a gap of 0.4 inches minimum should be left between adjacent relays.