Pickering Series 120
ULTRA-HIGH DENSITY 4MM REED RELAYS
- 3V, 5V or 12V coils
- 1 Form A (SPST) Normally Open Energize to make relay
- Plastic package with internal mu-metal magnetic screen
- Insulation resistance greater than 10¹²Ω
- 100% tested for dynamic contact resistance for guaranteed performance
- Highest quality instrumentation grade reed switches
- Many benefits compared to industry standard relays. Learn more here >.
- Highest packing density currently available
The Series 120 reed relay range takes up the minimum board area making them ideal for very high density applications such as A.T.E. switching matrices or multiplexers. Requiring a board area of only 4mm x 4mm, these relays allow the highest packing density currently available.
Two switch types are available, a general purpose sputtered ruthenium switch rated at 15 Watts, 1 Amp (3 volt version) or 20 Watts, 1 Amp (5 & 12 volt versions) and a low level sputtered ruthenium switch rated at 10 Watts, 0.5 Amps.
These are the same reed switches as used in many other long established Pickering ranges but are orientated vertically within the package, allowing this high density. The small size of the package does not allow an internal diode. Back EMF suppression diodes are included in many relay drivers but if they are not, and depending on your drive methods, these may have to be provided externally.
While socketing relays is not normally recommended due to the risk of affecting contact resistance integrity, it is appreciated that sockets may sometimes be desired for ease of servicing/replacement, in the case of a relay being damaged or reaching the end of its working life.
The device has pins on a 2mm square pitch. There are suitable connectors available from some manufacturers, both SMD and Through Hole, that will allow these relays to be stacked in either a row or in a matrix on a 4mm pitch.
All our data sheets have been recently updated to include additional environmental specifications, mechanical characteristics and relay weights, RF plots for coaxial relays (showing VSWR, isolation and insertion loss), interactive links to further useful information, comparison tables to similar relay ranges and much more.
The download is a zip file containing 3D models in STEP, IGS and SLDPRT formats (free viewers are available for these formats).
- Free Sample Service - determining which components to design in can be challenging. Fortunately, here at Pickering Electronics, we provide free working samples to help you evaluate our high-quality Reed Relays.
- Reed Relay Selector Tool - this tool will help you narrow down our large offering to get you the correct reed relay for your application. Once you narrow your selections down you can download a relay datasheet for more information, purchase in stock items or request a quote to find out lead times of made to order (MTO) relays.
- Concise Tech Guide - this guide will help you to maximise the reliability of your design.
- Quality Assurance - learn more about the various accreditations and certifications that Pickering holds.
- Custom Designed Reed Relays - With over a thousand catalog parts there is plenty of choice when choosing the right Reed Relay for your product, but if you cannot find one suitable for your needs Pickering can customize our standard reed relay parts to suit your specific requirements and applications.
The below table will help you narrow down our offering to get you the correct reed relay for your application.