3kV stand-off; mu metal screening to enable close stacking
Pickering Electronics, the reed relay company which has pioneered miniaturization and high performance for over 50 years, announces the Series 100HV high voltage SIL/SIP reed relays rated for up to 3kV stand-off voltage and with more than double the coil resistance of previous devices. This suits them for applications such as transformer or cable testing or any other automatic test equipment where high voltages are involved but where low coil power consumption is required.
Commented Kevin Mallet, (title) at Pickering Electronics: “Where mains voltage are switched, for example to control and isolate SCR or triac gates, Series 100HV reed relays are an ideal choice. And in mixed signal applications, the lower coil power of the new relays reduces the thermal EMF voltages generated across the switch.”
Three types of dry switches are available, capable of standing-off 1.5kVdc, 2 kVdc or 3kVdc. The 3 kV version features increased clearance between the switch and coil pins to accommodate the higher voltage. Higher voltage versions are available on request. Series 100HV reed relays feature an internal mu-metal screen to facilitate close stacking without risking problems caused by magnetic interaction.
The new high voltage SIL/SIP reed relays are available with one or two switches in a single package in 1 Form A, 2 Form A and 1 Form B configurations. 5V, 12V or 24V coils with optional internal diode can be specified. More information is available here.
• Up to 3Kv stand-off
• Stacking on 0.40 Inches pitch
• High coil resistance for low power consumption
• Thermal EMF levels less than 10 μV
• Internal mu-metal magnetic screen
• One or two switches in a single package
• 1 Form A, 2 Form A & 1 Form B configurations
• Two pole relay requires the same board area as the single pole type
• 5 V, 12 V or 24 V coils with optional internal diode
• Ideal for transformer or cable testing
• Many benefits compared to industry standard relays
Click here to read the full article.