UP TO 1A, 20W SWITCHING REED RELAYS
PICKERING SERIES 115
Miniature size enables very high packing density on your PCB
Single-in-Line Reed Relays
Up to 20 Watts switching - Very high packing density Stacks on 0.15 x 0.27 inches pitch
• SoftCenter™ construction
• 3V, 5V or 12V coils with optional internal diode
• 10, 15 or 20 Watts switching
• 1 Form A (SPST) or 2 Form A (DPST) N.O.
• Highest quality instrumentation grade switches
• Plastic package with internal mu-metal magnetic screen
• They take up the minimum of board area, saving cost and space
• Insulation resistance greater than 1E12 Ohms
• 100% tested for dynamic contact resistance for guaranteed performance
• Suitable for high density instrumentation applications such as A.T.E. switching multiplexers.
The Pickering Series 115 is a range of Single-in-Line relays intended for very high density applications such as A.T.E. switching matrices or multiplexers.
Two switch types are available. Both types have sputtered ruthenium contacts for long life and high reliability.
Switch type number 1 is better suited for general purpose applications. It has a layer of copper beneath the ruthenium to help dissipate the heat from the contact area. This gives an improved current inrush handling ability.
Switch type number 2 should be chosen for low level or 'cold' switching applications.
Single switch versions require a board area of only 0.15 inches x 0.27 inches. This is one quarter of the board area of the industry standard 0.2 x 0.8 inches Single-in-Line package. The very small size of these relays often makes it possible to increase the functionality of existing designs without increasing the size of printed circuit boards.
The relays feature an internal mu-metal magnetic screen. Mu-metal has the advantage of a high permeability and low magnetic remanence and eliminates problems that would otherwise occur due to magnetic interaction. Relays of this size without magnetic screening would be totally unsuitable for applications where dense packing is required.
3 volt, 5 volt or 12 volt coils are available. An internal Back E.M.F suppression diode is available as an option.
All our data sheets have been recently updated to include additional environmental specifications, mechanical characteristics and relay weights, RF plots for coaxial relays (showing VSWR, isolation and insertion loss), interactive links to further useful information, comparison tables to similar relay ranges and much more.
The download is a zip file containing 3D models in STEP, IGS and SLDPRT formats (free viewers are available for these formats).
- Free Sample Service - determining which components to design in can be challenging. Fortunately, here at Pickering Electronics, we provide free working samples to help you evaluate our high-quality Reed Relays.
- Reed Relay Selector Tool - this tool will help you narrow down our large offering to get you the correct reed relay for your application. Once you narrow your selections down you can download a relay datasheet for more information, purchase in stock items or request a quote to find out lead times of made to order (MTO) relays.
- Concise Tech Guide - this guide will help you to maximise the reliability of your design.
- Quality Assurance - learn more about the various accreditations and certifications that Pickering holds.
- Custom Designed Reed Relays - With over a thousand catalog parts there is plenty of choice when choosing the right Reed Relay for your product, but if you cannot find one suitable for your needs Pickering can customize our standard reed relay parts to suit your specific requirements and applications.
The below table will help you narrow down our offering to get you the correct reed relay for your application.
Switching Current (Amps)
Switching Power (Watts)
Switching Voltage (DC or AC peak)
Stand-off Voltage (DC or AC peak)
Coil Resistance (Ω)
Add to Bag
2 Form A - DPST N.O.
Low Level Dry Reed
0 - MTO